I agree with a lot of other people, this is definitely worth your popcorn money, and IMAX is the way to go.
- mix of old and new
- plenty of homage to TOS (the original series, for the non-Trekker), to the level of some audio cues
- Zoe Saldana's way retro outfit
- Zoe in general
- Zoe in specific
- Zoe Zoe in a bar
- Zoe Zoe in a car
- Zoe and Green Eggs and Ham (or whatever that girl's name was)
- way too much lens flare
- naval tactics of the WWI era
- Romulan mining vessels that look like goose roadkill
- destroy two planets (Vulcan and Romulus) and stick us in an alternate universe
- Scotty's mascot - should get an award for Establishing Annoying Alien Sidekick Persona In the Fewest Scenes
- all the Star Wars homage, i.e. Ice Planet, there's always a bigger fish, Kirk as Han Solo punching bag, planet destroying ship, older Spock as Obi Wan
I don't think the big open sets made sense as the machinery spaces of the Enterprise. No one would build a military spaceship that way.
By far, the best line in the film is "Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes, and saved 800 lives."
I like the set up of the Kirk/Spock/Uhura triangle. As a reboot, I would have been happier if the creative team had just established that much in this film. The film crowds in all of the basic characters, and is a bit too hyperactive in doing so. In comparison, the Bond reboot is two films old and we still haven't met Moneypenny and Q.
Bottom line: Go!